High five for wanting to learn more about Bitter Almond (Natural) essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Prunus amygdalus
- Appearance: Pale yellow to yellow clear liquid
- Strength: Moderate to Strong
- Description: Sweet tart fruity aroma, similar to cherries with a hint of powder
- Highlights: In the United States, Bitter Almond essential oil is regulated by the Drug Enforcement Administration, and typically requires special registration, purchasing, and shipping arrangements.
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here’s some of my favorite resources:
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Pages 191 – 193
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Pages 34 – 35
- The Good Scents Company
Every essential oil contains constituents, and every batch of essential oil can be different. For Bitter Almond (Natural) essential oil, we compiled constituent rates from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. Each rate was then weighted in the higher range to ensure restrictions covered for general safe usage. Your specific Bitter Almond (Natural) essential oil may or may not contain all of the following constituents or contain them at these rates.
Here are the constituents and rates used in the calculator for Bitter Almond (Natural) essential oil: