High five for wanting to learn more about Amyris essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Amyris balsamifera
- Appearance: Pale yellow to amber brown clear thick liquid
- Strength: Mild to Moderate
- Description: Sweet, warm, and creamy woodsy aroma with hints of vanilla, cedar, and balsam
- Highlights: Often used as a substitute for sandalwood, and helps to fix scents in soap and cosmetics.
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here’s some of my favorite resources:
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Pages 194-195
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Page 36
- The Good Scents Company
Every essential oil contains constituents, and every batch of essential oil can be different. For Amyris essential oil, we compiled constituent rates from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. Each rate was then weighted in the higher range to ensure restrictions covered for general safe usage. Your specific Amyris essential oil may or may not contain all of the following constituents or contain them at these rates.
Here are the constituents and rates used in the calculator for Amyris essential oil:
- Amyris IFRA (Contains 100%)