High five for wanting to learn more about Anise (Star) essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Illicium verum
- Appearance: Pale yellow liquid
- Strength: Moderate to Strong
- Description: Sweet black licorice
- Highlights: Also known as Chinese anise
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here’s some of my favorite resources:
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Pages 197 – 198
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Page 38
- The Good Scents Company
Every essential oil contains constituents, and every batch of essential oil can be different. For Anise (Star) essential oil, we compiled constituent rates from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. Each rate was then weighted in the higher range to ensure restrictions covered for general safe usage. Your specific Anise (Star) essential oil may or may not contain all of the following constituents or contain them at these rates.
Here are the constituents and rates used in the calculator for Anise (Star) essential oil: