High five for wanting to learn more about Bergamot (FCF) essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Citrus bergamia (FCF: furanocoumarin-free)
- Appearance: Colorless to pale yellowish green clear liquid
- Strength: Mild to Moderate
- Description: Fresh citrus, reminiscent of orange and lime, with a soft floral touch and a whisper of sweet and spicy notes
- Highlights: This furanocoumarin-free form of bergamot is manufactured as an alternative to cold pressed bergamot, with the amount of bergaptene reduced or removed. While FCF bergamot oil does not smell as rich as the cold pressed oil, it does not pose the same phototoxicity risks.
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here’s some of my favorite resources:
Every essential oil contains constituents, and every batch of essential oil can be different. For Bergamot (FCF) essential oil, we compiled constituent rates from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. Each rate was then weighted in the higher range to ensure restrictions covered for general safe usage. Your specific Bergamot (FCF) essential oil may or may not contain all of the following constituents or contain them at these rates.
Here are the constituents and rates used in the calculator for Bergamot (FCF) essential oil: