High five for wanting to learn more about Cardamom essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Elettaria cardamomum
- Appearance: Colorless to pale yellow clear liquid
- Strength: Moderate
- Description: Warm spicy balsamic & woodsy aroma with a light camphor touch
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here’s some of my favorite resources:
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Page 232
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Page 62
- The Good Scents Company
Every essential oil contains constituents, and every batch of essential oil can be different. For Cardamom essential oil, we compiled constituent rates from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. Each rate was then weighted in the higher range to ensure restrictions covered for general safe usage. Your specific Cardamom essential oil may or may not contain all of the following constituents or contain them at these rates.
Here are the constituents and rates used in the calculator for Cardamom essential oil: