High five for wanting to learn more about Cedarwood (Atlas) essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Cedrus atlantica
- Appearance: Pale yellow to golden amber clear liquid
- Strength: Moderate to Strong
- Description: Woody balsamic aroma with a slightly camphorous sweet note at the top
- Highlights: Sharper and not as woody as the “sawdust” aroma from Virginian or Texan cedarwood (the latter being junipers, rather than cedars.)
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here’s some of my favorite resources:
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Pages 237 – 238
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Pages 66 – 67
- The Good Scents Company
Cedarwood (Atlas) essential oil does not list any constituents in the calculator. Constituents were compiled from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. This does not mean Cedarwood (Atlas) essential oil does not contain restricted constituents! If the essential oil contains a restricted constituent but does not list it here, it is typically found at trace amounts and would not influence safe usage calculations within the usage rates of this calculator. Your specific Cedarwood (Atlas) essential oil may or may not contain such constituents or contain them at higher rates.