High five for wanting to learn more about Cedarwood (Virginian) essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Juniperus virginiana
- Appearance: Pale yellow to clear liquid
- Strength: Moderate to Strong
- Description: Very woody; Smells like a freshly cut log.
- Highlights: Often described as a freshly sharpened wooden pencil. Virginian Cedarwood is actually a member of the Juniper family.
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here are some of my favorite resources:
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Pages 240
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Pages 67 – 68
- The Good Scents Company
Every essential oil contains constituents, and every batch of essential oil can be different. For Cedarwood (Virginian) essential oil, we compiled constituent rates from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. Each rate was then weighted in the higher range to ensure restrictions covered for general safe usage. Your specific Cedarwood (Virginian) essential oil may or may not contain all of the following constituents or contain them at these rates.
Here are the constituents and rates used in the calculator for Cedarwood (Virginian) essential oil: