High five for wanting to learn more about Cinnamon Leaf essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Cinnamomum zeylanicum
- Appearance: Golden yellow liquid
- Strength: Strong
- Description: Similar to Cassia, but not as sweet, very spicy, earthy, and sharp with whispers of clove and pepper.
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Pages 249 – 250
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Pages 74 – 75
- The Good Scents Company
Every essential oil contains constituents, and every batch of essential oil can be different. For Cinnamon Leaf essential oil, we compiled constituent rates from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. Each rate was then weighted in the higher range to ensure restrictions covered for general safe usage. Your specific Cinnamon Leaf essential oil may or may not contain all of the following constituents or contain them at these rates.
Here are the constituents and rates used in the calculator for Cinnamon Leaf essential oil:
- Benzyl Benzoate (Contains 2%)
- Cinnamaldehyde (Contains 1%)
- Cinnamyl Alcohol (Contains 0.3%)
- Eugenol (Contains 80%)
- Linalool (Contains 2.5%)
- Safrole (Contains 0.5%)