High five for wanting to learn more about Clove Bud essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Eugenia caryophyllata / Syzygium aromaticum
- Appearance: Pale yellow to golden yellow mildly thick liquid
- Strength: Strong
- Description: Spicy warm scent, with a touch of fruity sweetness and slightly balsamic wood
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here’s some of my favorite resources:
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Pages 254 – 256
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Pages 76 – 77
- The Good Scents Company
Every essential oil contains constituents, and every batch of essential oil can be different. For Clove Bud essential oil, we compiled constituent rates from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. Each rate was then weighted in the higher range to ensure restrictions covered for general safe usage. Your specific Clove Bud essential oil may or may not contain all of the following constituents or contain them at these rates.
Here are the constituents and rates used in the calculator for Clove Bud essential oil:
- Clove Bud IFRA (Contains 100%)
- Eugenol (Contains 80%)
- Isoeugenol (Contains 0.1%)
- Methyl eugenol (Contains 0.1%)