High five for wanting to learn more about Coriander Seed essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Coriandrum sativum
- Appearance: Colorless to pale yellow clear liquid
- Strength: Moderate
- Description: Sweet fresh floral with spicy, herbal, and fruity tones
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here’s some of my favorite resources:
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Pages 260 – 261
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Pages 77 – 78
- The Good Scents Company
Every essential oil contains constituents, and every batch of essential oil can be different. For Coriander Seed essential oil, we compiled constituent rates from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. Each rate was then weighted in the higher range to ensure restrictions covered for general safe usage. Your specific Coriander Seed essential oil may or may not contain all of the following constituents or contain them at these rates.
Here are the constituents and rates used in the calculator for Coriander Seed essential oil:
- Coriander Seed IFRA (Contains 100%)
- Geraniol (Contains 3%)
- Limonene (Contains 1.5%)
- Linalool (Contains 70%)