High five for wanting to learn more about Cypress essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Cupressus sempervirens
- Appearance: Pale yellow to light amber clear liquid
- Strength: Moderate
- Description: Fresh and dry woodsy aroma, hints of evergreens, earth, and spice
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here’s some of my favorite resources:
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Pages 265
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Pages 80 – 81
- The Good Scents Company
Every essential oil contains constituents, and every batch of essential oil can be different. For Cypress essential oil, we compiled constituent rates from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. Each rate was then weighted in the higher range to ensure restrictions covered for general safe usage. Your specific Cypress essential oil may or may not contain all of the following constituents or contain them at these rates.
Here are the constituents and rates used in the calculator for Cypress essential oil:
- Limonene (Contains 4%)