High five for wanting to learn more about Elemi essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Canarium luzonicum
- Appearance: Clear to pale yellow liquid
- Strength: Moderate to Strong
- Description: Bright and fresh green with a slight spicy pepper tone and pine-y lemon hint.
- Highlights: Many formulators who first smell Elemi essential oil have said it reminds them of dill pickles.
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here’s some of my favorite resources:
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Pages 271 – 272
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Pages 85 – 86
- The Good Scents Company
Every essential oil contains constituents, and every batch of essential oil can be different. For Elemi essential oil, we compiled constituent rates from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. Each rate was then weighted in the higher range to ensure restrictions covered for general safe usage. Your specific Elemi essential oil may or may not contain all of the following constituents or contain them at these rates.
Here are the constituents and rates used in the calculator for Elemi essential oil: