High five for wanting to learn more about Fennel (Sweet) essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Foeniculum vulgare
- Appearance: Colorless to pale yellow clear liquid
- Strength: Moderate
- Description: Sweet and spicy green earthy aroma with a slight anise-like hint
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here’s some of my favorite resources:
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Pages 277 – 278
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Pages 89 – 91
- The Good Scents Company
Every essential oil contains constituents, and every batch of essential oil can be different. For Fennel (Sweet) essential oil, we compiled constituent rates from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. Each rate was then weighted in the higher range to ensure restrictions covered for general safe usage. Your specific Fennel (Sweet) essential oil may or may not contain all of the following constituents or contain them at these rates.
Here are the constituents and rates used in the calculator for Fennel (Sweet) essential oil: