High five for wanting to learn more about Frankincense (carterii) essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Boswellia carterii
- Appearance: Light brown clear liquid
- Strength: Moderate to Strong
- Description: Sweet, warm, and woodsy aroma, with a distinctive terpene top note.
- Highlights: Distilled from a resin, that is hardened sap from a small type of tree. Frankincense has been used and traded for centuries, highly prized for use as incense.
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here’s some of my favorite resources:
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Pages 287-289
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Page 96-97
- The Good Scents Company
Every essential oil contains constituents, and every batch of essential oil can be different. For Frankincense (carterii) essential oil, we compiled constituent rates from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. Each rate was then weighted in the higher range to ensure restrictions covered for general safe usage. Your specific Frankincense (carterii) essential oil may or may not contain all of the following constituents or contain them at these rates.
Here are the constituents and rates used in the calculator for Frankincense (carterii) essential oil:
- Frankincense IFRA (Contains 100%)
- Limonene (Contains 8%)
- Thujone (Contains .4%)
Contains: Frankincense (carterii), Patchouli (Indonesian), Cedarwood (Atlas), Amyris, Lavender 40/42
Contains: Fir Needle (Siberian), Frankincense (carterii), Cypress, Orange (Sweet, Folded), Cinnamon Leaf
Contains: Frankincense (carterii), Pepper (Black), Patchouli (Indonesian), Clary Sage, Cedarwood (Atlas), Amyris, Bergamot (FCF)
Contains: Frankincense (carterii), Orange (Sweet, Folded), Geranium, Lavender 40/42, Bergamot (FCF)