High five for wanting to learn more about Ginger Root essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Zingiber officinale
- Appearance: Pale yellow to yellow clear liquid
- Strength: Moderate to strong
- Description: Warm and spicy earthy aroma, similar to ginger root
- Highlights: Steam distilled ginger is more earthy and dirty smelling. If you prefer a “true” ginger that smells more like freshly grated root, you may prefer the C02.
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here’s some of my favorite resources:
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Pages 294 – 295
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Pages 101 – 102
- The Good Scents Company
Ginger Root essential oil does not list any constituents in the calculator. Constituents were compiled from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. This does not mean Ginger Root essential oil does not contain restricted constituents! If the essential oil contains a restricted constituent but does not list it here, it is typically found at trace amounts and would not influence safe usage calculations within the usage rates of this calculator. Your specific Ginger Root essential oil may or may not contain such constituents or contain them at higher rates.