High five for wanting to learn more about Ginger Root essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Zingiber officinale
- Appearance: Pale yellow to yellow clear liquid
- Strength: Moderate to strong
- Description: Warm and spicy earthy aroma, similar to ginger root
- Highlights: Steam distilled ginger is more earthy and dirty smelling. If you prefer a “true” ginger that smells more like freshly grated root, you may prefer the C02.
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here’s some of my favorite resources:
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Pages 294 – 295
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Pages 101 – 102
- The Good Scents Company
Every essential oil contains constituents, and every batch of essential oil can be different. For Ginger Root essential oil, we compiled constituent rates from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. Each rate was then weighted in the higher range to ensure restrictions covered for general safe usage. Your specific Ginger Root essential oil may or may not contain all of the following constituents or contain them at these rates.
Here are the constituents and rates used in the calculator for Ginger Root essential oil:
- Ginger Root IFRA (Contains 100%)