High five for wanting to learn more about Grapefruit (Pink) essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Citrus paradisi
- Appearance: Pale yellow to pinkish yellow clear liquid
- Strength: Moderate
- Description: A tangy and sweet fresh citrus aroma with a bit of a dry tartness, similar to the actual grapefruit peel
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here’s some of my favorite resources:
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Pages 297 – 298
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Pages 104 – 105
- The Good Scents Company
Every essential oil contains constituents, and every batch of essential oil can be different. For Grapefruit (Pink) essential oil, we compiled constituent rates from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. Each rate was then weighted in the higher range to ensure restrictions covered for general safe usage. Your specific Grapefruit (Pink) essential oil may or may not contain all of the following constituents or contain them at these rates.
Here are the constituents and rates used in the calculator for Grapefruit (Pink) essential oil:
- Limonene (Contains 90%)