High five for wanting to learn more about Ho Wood essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Cinnamomum camphora
- Appearance: Colorless to pale yellow clear liquid
- Strength: Moderate
- Description: Sweet floral woody aroma
- Highlights: Often used as a substitute for rosewood
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here’s some of my favorite resources:
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Pages 304 – 305
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Pages 108 – 110
- The Good Scents Company
Every essential oil contains constituents, and every batch of essential oil can be different. For Ho Wood essential oil, we compiled constituent rates from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. Each rate was then weighted in the higher range to ensure restrictions covered for general safe usage. Your specific Ho Wood essential oil may or may not contain all of the following constituents or contain them at these rates.
Here are the constituents and rates used in the calculator for Ho Wood essential oil:
- Ho Wood IFRA (Contains 100%)
- Linalool (Contains 90%)
- Methyl eugenol (Contains 0.2%)
- Safrole (Contains 0.4%)