High five for wanting to learn more about Juniper Berry essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Juniperus communis
- Appearance: Pale yellow clear liquid
- Strength: Moderate
- Description: A fresh balsamic woody aroma, touched with earth, pepper, resin, and a hint of fruitiness
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here’s some of my favorite resources:
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Pages 314 – 315
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Pages 116 – 117
- The Good Scents Company
Every essential oil contains constituents, and every batch of essential oil can be different. For Juniper Berry essential oil, we compiled constituent rates from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. Each rate was then weighted in the higher range to ensure restrictions covered for general safe usage. Your specific Juniper Berry essential oil may or may not contain all of the following constituents or contain them at these rates.
Here are the constituents and rates used in the calculator for Juniper Berry essential oil:
- Juniper Berry IFRA (Contains 100%)
- Limonene (Contains 5%)
- Longifolene (Contains 0.1%)
- Thujone (Contains 0.05%)