High five for wanting to learn more about Lavender 40/42 essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Lavandula angustifolia
- Appearance: Colorless to pale yellow clear liquid
- Strength: Moderate
- Description: A fresh soft herbal floral with a hint of sweetness and very little camphor
- Highlights: With hundreds of varieties of lavender available, this type of lavender is often a mix of multiple lavenders to create a standardized and consistent scent profile
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here’s some of my favorite resources:
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Pages 325 – 328
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Pages 121 – 122
- The Good Scents Company
Every essential oil contains constituents, and every batch of essential oil can be different. For Lavender 40/42 essential oil, we compiled constituent rates from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. Each rate was then weighted in the higher range to ensure restrictions covered for general safe usage. Your specific Lavender 40/42 essential oil may or may not contain all of the following constituents or contain them at these rates.
Here are the constituents and rates used in the calculator for Lavender 40/42 essential oil:
- Linalool (Contains 40%)