High five for wanting to learn more about Lemon (Distilled) essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Citrus limon
- Appearance: Pale yellow to deep yellow clear liquid
- Strength: Moderate
- Description: A bright fresh citrus aroma, similar to lemon peel
- Highlights: To prevent phototoxicity risks, use distilled (which is not as strong smelling as expressed) or folded lemon essential oil
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here’s some of my favorite resources:
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Pages 330 – 331
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Pages 123 – 124
- The Good Scents Company
Every essential oil contains constituents, and every batch of essential oil can be different. For Lemon (Distilled) essential oil, we compiled constituent rates from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. Each rate was then weighted in the higher range to ensure restrictions covered for general safe usage. Your specific Lemon (Distilled) essential oil may or may not contain all of the following constituents or contain them at these rates.
Here are the constituents and rates used in the calculator for Lemon (Distilled) essential oil: