High five for wanting to learn more about Lemongrass essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Cymbopogon citratus
- Appearance: Pale yellow to deep yellow clear liquid
- Strength: Moderate to Strong
- Description: A bright fresh green lemon aroma that has hints of light florals, spices, and earthiness
- Highlights: Helps to fix other citrus scents in blends!
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here’s some of my favorite resources:
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Pages 334 – 335
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Pages 124 – 125
- The Good Scents Company
Every essential oil contains constituents, and every batch of essential oil can be different. For Lemongrass essential oil, we compiled constituent rates from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. Each rate was then weighted in the higher range to ensure restrictions covered for general safe usage. Your specific Lemongrass essential oil may or may not contain all of the following constituents or contain them at these rates.
Here are the constituents and rates used in the calculator for Lemongrass essential oil:
- Citral (Contains 48%)
- Geraniol (Contains 2%)
- Lemongrass IFRA (Contains 100%)
- Limonene (Contains 2%)
- Linalool (Contains 1%)