High five for wanting to learn more about Lime (Distilled) essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Citrus aurantifolia
- Appearance: Pale yellowish green to deep yellowish green clear liquid
- Strength: Moderate
- Description: Fresh tart and slightly sweet citrus aroma, similar to lime peel
- Highlights: Using distilled lime essential oil reduces phototoxicity risks, though the expressed oil smells better
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here’s some of my favorite resources:
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Pages 336 – 337
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Page 125
- The Good Scents Company
Every essential oil contains constituents, and every batch of essential oil can be different. For Lime (Distilled) essential oil, we compiled constituent rates from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. Each rate was then weighted in the higher range to ensure restrictions covered for general safe usage. Your specific Lime (Distilled) essential oil may or may not contain all of the following constituents or contain them at these rates.
Here are the constituents and rates used in the calculator for Lime (Distilled) essential oil: