High five for wanting to learn more about Litsea Cubeba essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Litsea cubeba
- Appearance: Light yellow to deep yellow clear liquid
- Strength: Strong
- Description: Fresh sharp grassy lemon aroma, with a little sweetness
- Highlights: Also known as May Chang, and helps to fix citrus scents in blends!
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here’s some of my favorite resources:
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Pages 349 – 350
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Page 127
- The Good Scents Company
Every essential oil contains constituents, and every batch of essential oil can be different. For Litsea Cubeba essential oil, we compiled constituent rates from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. Each rate was then weighted in the higher range to ensure restrictions covered for general safe usage. Your specific Litsea Cubeba essential oil may or may not contain all of the following constituents or contain them at these rates.
Here are the constituents and rates used in the calculator for Litsea Cubeba essential oil: