High five for wanting to learn more about Nutmeg essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Myristica fragrans
- Appearance: Colorless to pale amber clear liquid
- Strength: Strong
- Description: A rich and spicy aroma with sweet and woody nuances, similar to the cooking spice
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here’s some of my favorite resources:
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Pages 366 – 368
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Pages 147 – 148
- The Good Scents Company
Every essential oil contains constituents, and every batch of essential oil can be different. For Nutmeg essential oil, we compiled constituent rates from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. Each rate was then weighted in the higher range to ensure restrictions covered for general safe usage. Your specific Nutmeg essential oil may or may not contain all of the following constituents or contain them at these rates.
Here are the constituents and rates used in the calculator for Nutmeg essential oil: