High five for wanting to learn more about Orange (Sweet) essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Citrus sinesis
- Appearance: Pale yellow orange to deep amber orange clear liquid
- Strength: Moderate
- Description: Fresh sweet juicy orange citrus aroma
- Highlights: Phototoxicity is not a risk with sweet orange essential oil, using folded orange essential oil will strengthen the scent
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here’s some of my favorite resources:
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Pages 372 – 373
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Pages 153 – 154
- The Good Scents Company
Every essential oil contains constituents, and every batch of essential oil can be different. For Orange (Sweet) essential oil, we compiled constituent rates from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. Each rate was then weighted in the higher range to ensure restrictions covered for general safe usage. Your specific Orange (Sweet) essential oil may or may not contain all of the following constituents or contain them at these rates.
Here are the constituents and rates used in the calculator for Orange (Sweet) essential oil: