High five for wanting to learn more about Patchouli (Indonesian) essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Pogostemon cablin
- Appearance: Deep amber brown clear thick liquid
- Strength: Moderate to Strong
- Description: A dry woody and earthy aroma, with hints of fruit and balsam.
- Highlights: Unlike most other essential oils, patchouli gets better with age!
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here’s some of my favorite resources:
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Page 382
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Pages 160 – 161
- The Good Scents Company
Patchouli (Indonesian) essential oil does not list any constituents in the calculator. Constituents were compiled from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. This does not mean Patchouli (Indonesian) essential oil does not contain restricted constituents! If the essential oil contains a restricted constituent but does not list it here, it is typically found at trace amounts and would not influence safe usage calculations within the usage rates of this calculator. Your specific Patchouli (Indonesian) essential oil may or may not contain such constituents or contain them at higher rates.