High five for wanting to learn more about Pepper (Black) essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Piper nigrum
- Appearance: Colorless to pale yellow clear liquid
- Strength: Strong
- Description: A warm, sharp, and spicy aroma similar to ground black peppercorns
- Highlights: A little goes a very long way!
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here’s some of my favorite resources:
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Pages 384 – 385
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Pages 162 – 163
- The Good Scents Company
Every essential oil contains constituents, and every batch of essential oil can be different. For Pepper (Black) essential oil, we compiled constituent rates from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. Each rate was then weighted in the higher range to ensure restrictions covered for general safe usage. Your specific Pepper (Black) essential oil may or may not contain all of the following constituents or contain them at these rates.
Here are the constituents and rates used in the calculator for Pepper (Black) essential oil:
- Limonene (Contains 20%)