High five for wanting to learn more about Peppermint (Redistilled) essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Mentha piperita
- Appearance: Colorless to pale yellow clear liquid
- Strength: Strong
- Description: Fresh, clean, and brisk minty aroma
- Highlights: Due to the menthol content in peppermint essential oil, it is important to use lower usage rates in soap and cosmetic formulas when exposed to sensitive body parts
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here’s some of my favorite resources:
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Pages 387 – 390
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Pages 139 – 140
- The Good Scents Company
Every essential oil contains constituents, and every batch of essential oil can be different. For Peppermint (Redistilled) essential oil, we compiled constituent rates from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. Each rate was then weighted in the higher range to ensure restrictions covered for general safe usage. Your specific Peppermint (Redistilled) essential oil may or may not contain all of the following constituents or contain them at these rates.
Here are the constituents and rates used in the calculator for Peppermint (Redistilled) essential oil: