High five for wanting to learn more about Peru Balsam essential oil!
The calculator lists both individual constituents and an additional mock constituent to limit the total level of peru balsam in a formulation. Peru Balsam is a known sensitizing oil.
- Botanical Name: Myroxylon balsamum
- Appearance: Yellow amber to deep amber brown liquid
- Strength: Moderate
- Description: A rich, sweet, fresh, and dry balsamic aroma with hints of powdery vanilla and a touch of spice
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here’s some of my favorite resources:
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Pages 390 – 391
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Page 43
- The Good Scents Company
Every essential oil contains constituents, and every batch of essential oil can be different. For Peru Balsam essential oil, we compiled constituent rates from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. Each rate was then weighted in the higher range to ensure restrictions covered for general safe usage. Your specific Peru Balsam essential oil may or may not contain all of the following constituents or contain them at these rates.
Here are the constituents and rates used in the calculator for Peru Balsam essential oil:
- Benzaldehyde (Contains .03%)
- Benzoic acid (Hexyl salicylate) (Contains 3%)
- Benzyl Alcohol (Contains .9%)
- Benzyl Benzoate (Contains 54%)
- Benzyl Cinnamate (Contains 15.2%)
- Coumarin (Contains .03%)
- Eugenol (Contains .03%)
- Isoeugenol (Contains .03%)
- Peru Balsam Oil (Contains 100%)