High five for wanting to learn more about Petitgrain essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Citrus aurantium
- Appearance: Pale yellow clear liquid
- Strength: Moderate
- Description: A fresh woody aroma with hints of floral, citrus, and herbal sage
- Highlights: Also known as orange leaf essential oil
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here’s some of my favorite resources:
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Pages 374 – 375
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Page 163
- The Good Scents Company
Every essential oil contains constituents, and every batch of essential oil can be different. For Petitgrain essential oil, we compiled constituent rates from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. Each rate was then weighted in the higher range to ensure restrictions covered for general safe usage. Your specific Petitgrain essential oil may or may not contain all of the following constituents or contain them at these rates.
Here are the constituents and rates used in the calculator for Petitgrain essential oil:
- Geraniol (Contains 1.75%)
- Limonene (Contains 2%)
- Linalool (Contains 18%)
- Petitgrain IFRA (Contains 50%)