High five for wanting to learn more about Sage (Dalmatian) essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Salvia officinalis
- Appearance: Colorless to pale greenish yellow liquid
- Strength: Moderate to Strong
- Description: Fresh herbal aroma with slight notes of fruit and camphor
- Highlights: Large amounts can be neurotoxic. Must NOT be used while pregnant or breastfeeding.
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here’s some of my favorite resources:
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Pages 413 – 415
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Pages 177 – 178
- The Good Scents Company
Every essential oil contains constituents, and every batch of essential oil can be different. For Sage (Dalmatian) essential oil, we compiled constituent rates from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. Each rate was then weighted in the higher range to ensure restrictions covered for general safe usage. Your specific Sage (Dalmatian) essential oil may or may not contain all of the following constituents or contain them at these rates.
Here are the constituents and rates used in the calculator for Sage (Dalmatian) essential oil:
Blend: Aether Reborn
Contains: Fennel (Sweet), Sage (Dalmatian), Petitgrain, Peppermint (Redistilled), Orange (Sweet, Folded), Grapefruit (Pink), Ginger Root, Clary Sage, Cedarwood (Atlas), Amyris