High five for wanting to learn more about Sandalwood (Australian) essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Santalum Spicatum
- Appearance: Medium amber clear liquid
- Strength: Mild to Moderate
- Description: Mild, sweet woody odor
- Highlights: Not to be confused with the more expensive and endangered Indian Sandalwood, Australian Sandalwood has less environmental concerns with a very similar scent profile. Try blending with Cedarwood and Amyris to extend the scent profile and lower the costs.
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here are some of my favorite resources:
Every essential oil contains constituents, and every batch of essential oil can be different. For Sandalwood (Australian) essential oil, we compiled constituent rates from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. Each rate was then weighted in the higher range to ensure restrictions covered for general safe usage. Your specific Sandalwood (Australian) essential oil may or may not contain all of the following constituents or contain them at these rates.
Here are the constituents and rates used in the calculator for Sandalwood (Australian) essential oil:
- Sandalwood (Australian) IFRA (Contains 50%)
Contains: Sandalwood (Australian), Orange (Sweet, Folded), Amyris, Lavender 40/42, Bergamot (FCF)
Blend: Uncommon Earth
Contains: Sandalwood (Australian), Cedarwood (Virginian), Vetiver, Palmarosa, Clary Sage, Amyris, Geranium