High five for wanting to learn more about Tea Tree essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Melaleuca alternifolia
- Appearance: Colorless to pale yellow clear liquid
- Strength: Strong
- Description: Strong medicinal, but fresh woody green aroma with a light touch of spice and earth
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here’s some of my favorite resources:
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Pages 440 – 445
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Pages 189 – 190
- The Good Scents Company
Every essential oil contains constituents, and every batch of essential oil can be different. For Tea Tree essential oil, we compiled constituent rates from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. Each rate was then weighted in the higher range to ensure restrictions covered for general safe usage. Your specific Tea Tree essential oil may or may not contain all of the following constituents or contain them at these rates.
Here are the constituents and rates used in the calculator for Tea Tree essential oil:
- Limonene (Contains 1%)