High five for wanting to learn more about Vetiver essential oil!
- Botanical Name: Vetiveria zizanoides
- Appearance: Golden brown to deep amber brown clear liquid
- Strength: Moderate
- Description: A complex woody, earthy, and balsamic amber aroma with hints of smoke and spice
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here’s some of my favorite resources:
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Pages 466 – 467
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Page 199
- The Good Scents Company
Every essential oil contains constituents, and every batch of essential oil can be different. For Vetiver essential oil, we compiled constituent rates from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. Each rate was then weighted in the higher range to ensure restrictions covered for general safe usage. Your specific Vetiver essential oil may or may not contain all of the following constituents or contain them at these rates.
Here are the constituents and rates used in the calculator for Vetiver essential oil:
- Isoeugenol (Contains 0.7%)