High five for wanting to learn more about Ylang Ylang III essential oil!
The calculator lists both individual constituents and an additional mock constituent to limit the total level of ylang ylang in a formulation.
- Botanical Name: Cananga odorata
- Appearance: Pale yellow clear liquid
- Strength: Moderate
- Description: A smooth fresh floral aroma with a hint of citrus, wood, and spice
- Highlights: Not as sweet as the first two fractions of ylang ylang, and typically the most cost effective
Want to learn more about this essential oil? Here’s some of my favorite resources:
- Robert Tisserand’s Essential Oil Safety, Pages 476 – 480
- Julia Lawless’ The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Pages 204 – 205
- The Good Scents Company
Every essential oil contains constituents, and every batch of essential oil can be different. For Ylang Ylang III essential oil, we compiled constituent rates from several gas chromatograph analyses and cross-referenced with medical/science literature and studies. Each rate was then weighted in the higher range to ensure restrictions covered for general safe usage. Your specific Ylang Ylang III essential oil may or may not contain all of the following constituents or contain them at these rates.
Here are the constituents and rates used in the calculator for Ylang Ylang III essential oil:
- Benzyl Benzoate (Contains 6%)
- Benzyl Salicylate (Contains 2%)
- Geraniol (Contains 0.1%)
- Isoeugenol (Contains 0.4%)
- Linalool (Contains 1.5%)
- Ylang Ylang Extracts (Contains 100%)