We do our absolute best to encourage open and civil conversation by allowing comments on content for fourteen days after publication. It is common that we respond to comments within 14 days of the original posting date of the full article.
By leaving a comment, you understand that:
- You may comment without registering. You do not have to have an EOCalc account to leave a comment, however, comments are sometimes moderated if an email address is unrecognized by the system.
- You may post anonymously. We highly encourage users not to post anonymously, but understand that sometimes, you may feel uncomfortable leaving your name. This may change in the future, if it is abused.
- We use spam prevention filters on comments. Our website automatically filters spam comments, and has blocked over 80,000 spam comments since its creation. Unfortunately, some valid and legitimate comments get filtered as spam. While we do our best to retrieve these comments, it is not guaranteed that we will.
- You may post follow-up questions. If you have a question, chances are you are not alone. We would much rather receive your comments via email.
- You may disagree with us or others. We’re all game for opinions and with that comes the possibility of disagreements. However, we will not tolerate disrespectful discussion. Keep the comments clean, happy, and positive.
- We reserve the right to delete your comments. We will delete any comment that is rude, off-topic, spam, defamatory, abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading or otherwise causing an issue for the health and vibrancy of the community. Any user that creates a negative environment may be banned from further using our website.
- You retain ownership of your comments. We disclaim any and all liability that may result from your comments left on EO Calc. By commenting here, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve us from any and all liability that may result from those comments.
- You grant us a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free. You grant me the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog post, in a book, a video, or presentation.
Sometimes, we use affiliate links, meaning Essentially Speaking, LLC makes a very small commission if you purchase after clicking. In no way does an affiliate link cost you anything extra, but they do help keep this site alive and kickin’!
Essentially Speaking, LLC does maintain relationships with many third party vendors, and will often link or recommend their products. We do so after using the products ourselves, and would never recommend anything we are not familiar with.
Legal & Copyright Disclaimer
Essentially Speaking, LLC and its content (images, text, videos, etc.) is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976 and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws, and all rights are reserved, including resale rights. You are not allowed to reuse, distribute, modify, give or sell any material from our site to anyone else, including but not limited to photographs, articles, ebooks, videos, downloads, etc.
Please note that all of the information presented on this site is based on personal experience and anecdotal evidence. Although we have made every attempt to achieve complete accuracy, we assume no responsibility for errors or omissions.
Also, you should use this information as you see fit, and at your own risk. Your particular formula or method may not be exactly suited to the information included within; and you should adjust your use of the information and recommendations accordingly.
Any trademarks, service marks, product names or named features are assumed to be the property of their respective owners, and are used only for reference.
Lastly, use your head. Nothing on this site is intended to replace common sense, legal, medical or other professional advice, and is meant to inform the reader of our experiences so that they may garner whatever information is pertinent to them.
Essentially Speaking, LLC is not responsible for injury or liability to any reader or commenter resulting from the content posted on the site, or from comments posted by readers, that may be viewed as offensive, misleading, inaccurate, illegal, or otherwise unsuitable.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled. It will turn off some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site but we may do so in the future.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously
Users are able to change their personal information:
- By emailing us
- By logging in to their account
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur: we will notify the users via email within 1 business day.
We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.