Fall is right around the corner, and so many people love pumpkin spice season! The change in the weather and the changing of the leaves start to indicate Fall– and that’s got everybody buzzing about ‘what should I make? What essential oils would work great for Fall?’ Sometimes you just get a bit mentally stuck and need a little inspiration!
To make it easier, we’ve gathered our top 5 personal favorites from our Essential Oil Blend library, to help inspire you in your next creation.*
Top 5 Essential Oil Blends For Fall
- Gusto – The classic medley of Sweet Orange and Cinnamon! A wonderful favorite for most Fall and Harvest themed soaps and body scrubs, you’ll find this remains a top seller year after year, through the holiday season. Simply a must-have in your crowd pleasing line up.
- Autumn Garden (Reborn) – A blend of Cinnamon Bark, Cardamom, Ginger and Eucalyptus. This one truly evokes the ‘spice’ notes that are so popular with fall, but with a unique twist of including Eucalyptus. The Eucalyptus may initially sound out of place, but it adds a foundational note that truly freshens the blend without overwhelming the other notes. This truly smells like a hobby store’s entrance-way in the Fall.
- Dusk – A complex melody of Cardamom, Black Pepper, Ginger, Amyris, Patchouli, Sweet Orange, Lavender and Ylang Ylang. This truly evokes a mouthwatering sweetness, with hints of floral and spice notes that truly make it an enjoyable sensory experience.
- Wake The Dead – This is another blend that is ‘out of the ordinary’ in matching Peppermint with Star Anise, Sweet Orange and Clove essential oils. Another marriage of the fresh, brisk scent from the Peppermint, balanced out with the sweet, spice notes from the rest of the blend. Stand out from the crowd with this in your bath and body care lineup!
- Balance – Like the name implies, this is a balance of some varying essential oils: Tea Tree, Lavender, Amyris, Eucalyptus and Cinnamon. A fresh spin on Fall without being ‘pumpkin spice’ forward.
- Make sure you blend by weight, NOT by drops. We like the KD 8000 Digital Scale by My Weigh scale for measuring out the majority of our formulations!
- We recommend making your favorite essential oil blends ahead of time, and storing them in Amber Glass Bottles.
- Don’t forget your Fragrance Test Strips for Perfume and Essential Oils and 3 mL Plastic Transfer Pipettes. Using the test strips allows you to get a true sense for what your blend will smell like out of the bottle. And of course transferring essential oils out of bottles is far easier with the plastic pipettes.
From body butters, to perfume rollers, to cold process soaps, to bath bombs, our free library is stuffed full of awesome essential oil blends that will inspire and elevate your handmade bath and body lines.
Calculate a usage rate for those above, or get inspired to make your own blend.
What are your favorite blends for Fall? Drop a comment below and share your ideas!
Happy making, friends!
*When working with spice-note heavy blends in cold process soap, we recommend working at room temperature and using a recipe you know is well behaved. Spice notes are commonly known for acceleration in cold process soap recipes.