With the changing of the seasons into Winter, comes the feeling of wanting more cozy sweaters, holiday gatherings, and… well, the increased need for gifts for your friends, family and your customers! Think cold air, snow, evergreens, and spiced warm beverages by the fireside.
But ‘what to make for my shop? What essential oils would work great for the season?’ Sometimes you just get a bit mentally stuck and need a little essential oil inspiration! Cold process soap needs time to cure, so you feel like you need to make make make to be on top of your market schedule.
To make it easier, we’ve gathered our top 5 personal ‘Winter Holiday’ blend favorites from our free Essential Oil Blend library, to help inspire you in your next creation.
Our Top 5 Essential Oil Blends For The Winter Holidays
- Winter’s Kiss – A little seasonal, briskness that feels almost snow-covered peaks in your bath and shower! A marriage of Peppermint and Lavender, with the supporting cast of Cypress, Juniper Berry and Clary Sage. Truly a lovely experience, and oh so mind-clearing to inhale from a lovely bar of cold processed soap.
- Tannenbaum – A traditional ‘German style’ Christmas scent, with Siberian Fir Needle, Frankincense, Cypress, Sweet Orange and Cinnamon essential oils. A truly classic holiday scent that will sure to please those shopping your gift sets.
- Spiked Orange – Sweet Orange anchored with the candy quality of Litsea Cubeba (May Chang), with an added spicy kick of Ginger Root. Then the unexpected, but amazing kick of Peppermint really ties it together. Bring something truly unique to your holiday markets this season!
- Visions – While not exactly ‘visions of sugar plums’, this is really festive and fresh. Sweet Orange anchored with Litsea Cubeba (May Chang), Lemongrass, Gingergrass and Clary Sage.
- Spearmilyptus – The quintessential blend of Peppermint, Eucalyptus and Spearmint! Just a burst of super fresh, minty goodness sure to open up the brisk corners of your heart, and make your customers smile.
Click any blend’s name above to calculate a usage rate, or perhaps this list has you inspired to make your own blend?
- Make sure you blend by weight, NOT by drops. We like the KD 8000 Digital Scale by My Weigh scale for measuring out the majority of our formulations!
- We recommend making your favorite essential oil blends ahead of time, and storing them in Amber Glass Bottles.
- Don’t forget your Fragrance Test Strips for Perfume and Essential Oils and 3 mL Plastic Transfer Pipettes. Using the test strips allows you to get a true sense for what your blend will smell like out of the bottle.
From body butters, to deodorants, to cold process soaps, to bath bombs, our free library is stuffed full of awesome essential oil blends that will inspire and elevate your handmade bath and body lines.
What are your favorite blends for Winter and the holidays? Drop a comment below and share your ideas!
Happy making, friends!
*When working with spice-note heavy blends in cold process soap, we recommend working at room temperature and using a recipe you know is well behaved. Spice notes are commonly known for acceleration in cold process soap recipes.