Whoo hoo, Summer is approaching, and the days are getting longer and warmer. Markets are back in full swing, schools are letting out and more people are heading on well-needed vacations.
With Summer weather also comes more demand for body products that exfoliate, like sugar scrubs, loofah soaps, and gardening soaps. People are showering more, and trust us– that’s a good thing!
To make it easier to get some inspiration for your Summer cold process soaps, sugar scrubs and body butters, etc, we’ve gathered our Top 5 Favorite Essential Oil Blends for Summer, from our free Essential Oil library. So whether you’re a beach bum, a camping enthusiast, or just enjoy nicer weather, let’s dig in to some amazing blends from our site!
Our Top 5 Essential Oil Blends For Summer
- Sunset– With the fresh citrus of Sweet Orange and Pink Grapefruit, with the sweet floral notes of Ylang Ylang and Geranium, this scent just screams summer nights. Try it out in sugar scrubs, as well as cold processed soap, and watch it fly off the shelves.
- Under The Stars – Got the urge to camp out on these warm, wooded Summer nights? Then Under The Stars is your jam! This blend smells just like being at camp with the woody fresh notes of Cedarwood and Fir Needle, melded with the earthy grassy notes of Vetiver, and the fresh clean Clary Sage.
- Oceanic – So many folks’ Summers are spent vacationing on the seasides, so what better blend to capture the sweet, salty scent of the cool humid night air around the shores? Oceanic delivers with freshness, with a touch of sweet and a little briskness with a blend of Lavandin, Vetiver, Cedarwood, Petitgrain, Palmarosa, Amyris and Rosemary.
- Midnight Storm – Do you love the sound of a midnight summer thunderstorm? This blend of Copiaba Balsam, Lavender, Bergamot, and a dash of Black Pepper is meant to capture that feeling and instill a sense of calm.
- Tropic – Let’s be real, there was no way we could leave out a gem called Tropic on a Summer scent list! Simple but delicious, this blend of Sweet Orange, Clary Sage and Ylang Ylang is a winner through and through!
Click any blend’s name above to get the details on each, and to calculate a usage rate! Or maybe this list has you inspired to make your own blend for Summer?
From cold process soaps, to bath bombs, to body oils, our free library is stuffed full of essential oil blends that will inspire you in your handmade business.
What are your favorite blends for Summer? Let us know below!
Essential Oil Blending Tips
- Make sure you blend by weight, NOT by drops. We like the KD 8000 Digital Scale by My Weigh scale for measuring out the majority of our formulations!
- We recommend making your favorite essential oil blends ahead of time, and storing them in Amber Glass Bottles.
- Don’t forget your Fragrance Test Strips for Perfume and Essential Oils and 3 mL Plastic Transfer Pipettes. Using the test strips allows you to get a true sense for what your blend will smell like out of the bottle.
Appreϲiate the recommendatіon. Let me try