It’s been seven months since the essential oil calculator launched, and we’re thrilled with the support from the community for this new tool!
In the seven months since launch, the essential oil calculator has been used by over 15,000 soapmakers and formulators to find essential oil blends and calculate safe usage rates. When I first launched this project, I had no idea if it would take off, or if it would be successful.
Since the launch of the essential oil calculator, we have seen the traffic for the calculator continue to increase and grow, and we figured it was time to help the calculator flourish.
In doing so, we’ve moved the essential oil calculator to it’s own domain and hosting, so that neither the calculator nor Modern Soapmaking will see spikes of slow loading times in periods of high traffic. Modern Soapmaking continues to own, operate, and maintain the calculator – it just has it’s own home now!
You can now quickly and easily hit up the essential oil calculator by typing in EOCalc.com, rather than trying to find it among the massive amount of content on Modern Soapmaking.
This will allow us to continue to grow both the calculator and Modern Soapmaking itself without being hindered. We’ll also be able to adjust hosting for each site individually, if needed.
During the move, we updated a lot of the content and text for clarity, updated the FAQs, and created a few new pages. You can find an overview of these changes below.
Changes & Updates
- Edited text & directions throughout the calculator for clarity
- Website redesigned and moved
- Submit a Blend form redesigned for easier submissions by the community
- Updated the FAQ to add clarity about product types
- Added Recommendations and Support pages
- Updated Featured blends to highlight some summery goodness
- Manjave essential oil blend – submitted by Chitra Badrinarayan of Diya Naturals
- Smokey Grove essential oil blend – submitted by Casey Jankoski of Sweet Birdie Design Co
- Keylime Pie essential oil blend – submitted by Emily Sandow of The Tuesday Table
- Summer Nights essential oil blend – submitted by Jodie Majancsik of Little Green Pastures Farm
- Wake the Dead essential oil blend – submitted by Glorimar D
- Serenity Now essential oil blend – submitted by Stacy Mantle of SW Soapworks
- Spearmilyptus essential oil blend – submitted by Amanda Keever of Sassy Soaps
- The Gypsy essential oil blend – submitted by Holly Warren of Sweet Tea ‘N Biscuits
Want to see the library of essential oil blends continue to grow? Submit your own blends right over here!